Countdown of the top 30 cities in the U.S. with the highest murder rates – 2016
Our crime research reveals the 30 cities in America with the highest number of murders per 1,000 residents. Murder is the willful (non-negligent) killing of one human being by another. We limited our research to cities with 25,000 or more people. Data used for this research are 1) the number of murders reported to the FBI to have occurred in each city, and 2) the population of each city.
See the murder risk for your address. Unlock the NeighborhoodScout Pro Report today:
The countdown for the Top 30 Murder Capitals of America:
|30||Chicago Heights, IL|
|29||Baton Rouge, LA|
|26||East Chicago, IN|
|24||Desert Hot Springs, CA|
|22||Myrtle Beach, SC|
|21||Fort Pierce, FL|
|17||Rocky Mount, NC|
|16||Pine Bluff, AR|
|8||Riviera Beach, FL|
|7||New Orleans, LA|
|3||St. Louis, MO|
|1||East St. Louis, IL|
- See the Top 100 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S.
- See the Top 25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in the U.S.
- See the Top 100 Safest Cities in the U.S.
- See the Top 100 Best Public Schools in the U.S.
- See the Top 100 Worst Public Schools in the U.S.
- See the Top 100 Highest Appreciating Cities in the U.S.